The Benefits of Prenatal and Pediatric Chiropractic Care
Pregnancy and childhood can be challenging times. Prenatal and pediatric chiropractic care is meant to address some of these challenges. At Four Points Family Chiropractic in Austin, TX, we provide chiropractic care to children and pregnant women. Here’s why children and pregnant women should see a chiropractor.
Benefits of Pediatric Chiropractic Care
- Boosts the child’s immune system: Chiropractic care for kids helps their bodies build stronger immunity. As a result, the child is less likely to catch a cold or other minor infection during the cold and flu season.
- Improves the digestive system: Pediatric adjustments promote optimal functioning of the digestive system in children. Thus, the child will be less susceptible to reflux or constipation.
- Improves sleep: Kids need quality sleep for healthy physical and emotional growth. If your child has a spinal misalignment, the back pain from the condition is likely interfering with his or her ability to get better sleep. The misalignment might also contribute to other issues like bedwetting and insomnia. Chiropractic care will correct the spinal misalignment, eliminating the back pain, thus ensuring that your child can get quality sleep.
- Supports proper functioning of the child’s nervous system: Chiropractic care will ensure that your kid’s spine is growing correctly. It will eliminate any nerve compression issues which can cause asthma, ear infections, and allergies. As a result, the child’s nervous system can function properly.
- Promote proper growth: As kids grow and learn to move, they are bound to get into accidents that could cause spinal misalignment, hindering proper growth. Pediatric adjustments will correct these spinal misalignments as they occur, thus promoting your child’s proper growth.
Benefits of Pregnancy Chiropractic Care
- Relieves back pain: Pregnant women typically experience back pain that increases in severity as the fetus gets bigger and heavier. Chiropractic care can strengthen back muscles and reduce the pressure on the spine, thereby relieving back pain.
- Reduces nausea and morning sickness: Prenatal chiropractic care ensures that the nervous system of a pregnant woman is working effectively. This leads to improved hormonal balance, reducing nausea and morning sickness.
- Provides posture support: During pregnancy, many women have an arching back which can lead to long-term back injury or pain. A chiropractor will teach you how to maintain proper posture during pregnancy so you can avoid the arching back problem.
- Promotes smoother delivery: Labor and delivery can be very burdensome on a pregnant woman’s body. Pregnancy chiropractic care will ensure that the hips, spine, and pelvis are properly aligned so that you can have a smoother labor and delivery.
Looking for Prenatal and Pediatric Chiropractic Care?
We at Four Points Family Chiropractic in Austin, TX, are committed to ensuring that your family receives quality chiropractic care. Our prenatal chiropractic care is exceptional, and we have experienced pediatric chiropractors. Call us today at (512) 345-9355.