Shoulder Injury from Auto Accident
When involved in a car accident, back and neck injuries are common. However, the stress of a car collision may cause shoulder injuries by dislocating your joint, tearing connective tissues, and damaging the joint. While shoulder injuries are never good news, chiropractor care from a chiropractor in Austin, TX, with us at Four Points Family Chiropractic can provide much-needed relief.
Common Shoulder Injuries from Car Accidents
Your shoulder consists of several tendons, ligaments, bones, and nerves. Considering this, when any of these structures is damaged, it can result in pain and limited mobility. The common shoulder injuries after a car accident include:
- Torn rotator cuff: The rotator cuff comprises several muscles held together by tendons that help keep the shoulder joint in place. Bracing for impact or a direct blow to the shoulder joint may injure your rotator cuff, resulting in pain and limited mobility.
- Soft tissue damage: During a car accident, blunt force on the shoulder joint may damage your shoulder’s tendons, ligaments, and muscles. Other soft tissue injuries include bruises, strains, and sprains.
- Whiplash: This injury occurs when there is rapid head movement, causing micro-tears in your neck’s ligaments and tendons. While whiplash causes neck pain and stiffness, the pain may radiate to your shoulders.
- Shoulder dislocation: Your shoulder joint comprises multiple bones. The rotator cuff keeps these bones in place, but the impact of the accident may cause the bones to shift in the socket.
Your shoulder is a complex yet fragile joint, so you should seek intervention from a qualified chiropractor for shoulder injuries to ensure successful treatment.
How a Chiropractor in Austin, TX, Can Help
If you have a shoulder injury, seeking chiropractor care can be an excellent idea. A “chiropractor near me” on our team can treat the root cause of the pain without using pain medications to mask your symptoms. The common treatments for shoulder pain can include:
- Chiropractic adjustments: We manually align your shoulder joint to reduce impingements on the soft tissues, including the nerves. Shoulder manipulation reduces pain and restores mobility. We may also perform spinal manipulation to remove “restrictions” on your spine that may be affecting your shoulders.
- Massage therapy: Do you have soft tissue injuries on your shoulder? Massage therapy can help to reduce inflammation and pain.
- Stretching exercises: We devise stretching exercises to help with shoulder mobility and manage pain.
Call a “Chiropractor Near Me” for Help with Shoulder Pain in Austin, TX
Are you suffering from shoulder pain in Austin, TX? Book an appointment with us at Four Points Family Chiropractic for personalized treatment. We have the skills to help you recover from a shoulder injury. Call us at (512) 345-9355.